Longreach State High is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO: 30391) delivering four nationally recognised qualifications on campus.
- Certificate II in Tourism (SIT20116)
- Certificate I in Information, Digital Media and Technology (ICT10115)
- Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology (ICT20115)
- Certificate II in Skills for Work and Vocational Pathways (FSK20113)
Longreach State High School also has Third Party agreements to deliver 3 additional courses.
- Certificate II in Kitchen Operations (SIT20416) provided through RAPAD Skilling (RTO: 32295)^
- Certificate I in Construction (CPC10111) provided through Blue Dog Training (RTO:31193)^
In addition to this, many students in the Senior School are involved in School Based Traineeships or Apprenticeships which allow students to train on the job in paid employment and provide formal training in the process.
Vocational Education and Training (VET) is a growing area at Longreach State High School and is supported by the RTO Manager. Many students choosing alternative pathways to complete Year 10, 11 and 12 undertake vocational programs to develop employability skills and gain nationally recognised qualifications in addition to the QCE. VET programs are designed to provide practical skills and knowledge and ensure that students have increased employment options available after school. The RTO Manager provides assistance and guidance in all areas including work experience, School Based Traineeships and Apprenticeships.
Please see Subject Selection Handbook in document sections.
^Federal Government VETiS funding supports the delivery of some certificate courses. This funding has certain restrictions; students may only access this funding ONCE. Access to Certificate courses as a VETiS or self-funded student should be discussed with the school during any VET enrolment process.